Research indicates that the provision of a healthy school meal every day can lead to an improvement in your child’s health, behaviour, motivation and ability to learn and achieve.
The school uses Class Catering to provide nutritious, healthy meals designed by pupils, with help from their staff of experts. The menu offers a choice of fresh, healthy cooked food which meets the Government food-based standards and has been nutritionally analysed to create balanced, healthy meals. The menus retain the Gold Food for Life Catering mark and are freshly prepared using the finest, fresh and local ingredients:
- Red Tractor, Farm Assured British Meat from local butchers
- A selection of organic ingredients including: British Beef Mince, Eggs, Milk and Potatoes
- All fish products carry the MSC logo
- No undesirable additives and hydrogenated fats
- A variety of locally sourced fruit, vegetables, and Fair-Trade bananas served fresh daily
- Whole grains and fruits used in all baked desserts
- All sauces enriched with vegetables to help increase the daily vegetable uptake
- Limits on added salt and sugar used in cooking and baking
The cost of a meal is £2.30.
We also have Theme days over the year, please look out for the posters.
If you have any questions, please Ring Hannah Jones – Catering Manager 01527 875 782
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Menu for Autumn Term