ART and Design
Art and Design allows children to express themselves and their individuality through the exploration of a variety or mediums.
We provide opportunities to
- develop in the children a love and appreciation of art forms and build their confidence in expressing themselves creatively
- enable children of all abilities to enhance their self-esteem through success in using the new skills taught as well as enabling them to apply these skills in other areas of the curriculum
- develop the children’s ability to observe, investigate, respond to and record through a variety of forms and media
- deliver the National Curriculum and Early Years Framework in an interesting and imaginative way in order to provide a broad and balanced art curriculum throughout the year groups
- use the work of children to provide a colourful and stimulating environment around the school.
Young Voices New Visions Exhibition
We are delighted to announce that once again, St. Peter’s have participated in the ‘Young Voices New Visions Art Exhibition’ at Worcester Cathedral. This year the theme for the exhibition was ‘Gratitude’. The children all worked hard on their masterpieces, and we are extremely proud of them. Here are a few photographs from the exhibition.
A View From My Window
Congratulations to all those who participated in our Lockdown Art Competition, A View from my Window. Look through the gallery to see some of the winning entries.
Explore the art around the school
Hokusai Inspired Paintings
William Morris Inspired Prints
Helpful Art Websites