Geography Co-ordinator: Mrs M Richardson
Our curriculum is designed to give all learners the knowledge and skills that they need to appreciate how our world works and how to make a difference by becoming positive contributors to it. We want our children to develop the geographical knowledge and skills to inspire them to explore, navigate and understand the world around them and their place in it.
The planning and sequencing of our curriculum will enable pupils to build on previous learning and enable children to know more, remember more and do more. As children move through the school, we have chosen our topics carefully to allow children to build their knowledge of the world both within geography and through links with other subjects. There are opportunities
As a Catholic school, we help our children to develop their CSPP Virtues and Values. This leads our Geography curriculum to encourage learners to be compassionate towards others both near and far, intentional in the way that they live and use the world’s resources, grateful for the wonders of our world and other people, and discerning about their choices and the effects of those choices.
Our curriculum aims to:
- stimulate learners’ life-long curiosity in their own surroundings, both in diverse areas of the United Kingdom and around the world;
- give pupils the opportunities to make observations and form opinions;
- teach pupils to understand how physical features and the environment affect peoples’ lifestyles;
- foster a sense of wonder in our students at the beauty of the world around us;
- develop an understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes.
- give pupils a sense of responsibility in caring for the Earth;
- challenge stereotypes and develop an awareness and appreciation of cultural and economic diversity;
- acquire and develop the skills for conducting geographical enquiries.