Physical education develops the children’s knowledge, skills and understanding so that they can perform with increasing competence and confidence in a range of physical activities. These include dance, games, gymnastics, swimming, athletics and outdoor adventure activities. A balance of individual, paired and group activities: co-operative, collaborative and competitive situations aim to cater for the preferences, strengths and needs of every pupil.
We provide opportunities:
- to enable children to develop and explore physical skills with increasing control and coordination
- to encourage children to work and play with others in a range of group situations
- to develop the way children perform skills, and apply rules for different activities
- to show children how to improve the quality and control of their performance
- to teach children to recognise and describe how their bodies feel during exercise
- to develop the children’s enjoyment of physical activity through creativity and imagination
- to develop an understanding in children of how to succeed in a range of physical activities, and how to evaluate their own success
- to inspire the children to have a love of learning for physical activity.
As part of the PE Curriculum children are required to be able to:
– swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
– use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke]
– perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
At St Peter’s we feel that swimming is a fundamental skill to every child. We are lucky enough to use the Bromsgrove School Swimming facilities for our Year 3 and 4 pupils. Year 3 children swim every Tuesday from the start of the Autumn term until February half term. Then Year 4 children swim every Tuesday half way through Spring term untill the end of the school year.
The children absolutely love going swimming and it is great to see how much the children grow in confidence and skill from these sessions
- Jack Hartmann – https://jackhartmann.com/
- Go Noodle – gonoodle.com
- The Daily Mile – https://thedailymile.co.uk/
- Just Dance Kids – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziLHZeKbMUo
- Super Mover – www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/supermovers
- Marathon Kids – Kids Run Free – https://www.kidsrunfree.co.uk/mk/
- Maths of the Day – https://www.mathsoftheday.org.uk/
- Active Travel – www.sustrans.org.uk/our-services/who-we-work/teachers/how-transform-school-travel
- Cosmic Yoga – https://www.cosmickids.com/
- Bikeability – https://bikeability.org.uk/
- Scootability – http://scootability.org.uk/
- Wake Up Shake Up – http://www.wakeupshakeup.com/
If you wish to speak to the co-ordinator of Physical Education then please contact Sarah Runcorn