The Pupil Premium funding is allocated on the grounds of family income and entitlement to free school meals and this generates the Pupil Premium Funding. This grant enables us to support families in a range of ways beyond simply providing free school meals.
With the introduction of Universal Free School Meals in Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1(Reception through to Yr2), it has become apparent that not all parents who may be eligible have made an application for Free School Meals.
If eligible, your child does not have to take free school meals but may benefit in other ways.
Our school has the freedom to spend the Pupil Premium Funding in a way we think will best address inequalities, tackle disadvantage and support the raising of attainments for our pupils.
Sports Premium Funding
In March 2013 the government announced that it was to provide additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013 to 2014 and 2014 to 2015 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools in England – The Primary PE and Sport Premium.
This funding is allocated to primary school headteachers. The funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
- In the Autumn Statement 2013, the then Chancellor, George Osbourne announced an additional year’s £150m extended funding, taking the total investment to the end of the 2016 academic year.
- On 6th February 2014 the then Prime Minister, David Cameron committed to continue the funding for the Primary PE and Sport Premium until 2020.
- On the 17th July 2015 the Department for Education announced that 2015/6 funding will remain at the same level as last year.
- On 21st September 2016 the Department for Education released its grant conditions for 2016/17.
October 2017 – DfE Publish New Guidance on the Doubled Primary PE and Sport Premium Grant
On 24th October 2017, the Department for Education published new guidance on the doubled Primary PE and Sport Premium grant.
Please see for more information:
- Sport Premium funding for 2017-2018
- Sports Premium funding for 2016-2017
- Sport Premium Reflection – What have we achieved and where next? 2015-2016
- PE and Sport Premium proposed spending 2015-2016