Looking after our Planet
At St Peter’s we recognise the importance of children feeling awe and wonder towards the amazing planet that we live on. We celebrate all the amazing things our world has to offer and explore the current difficulties it is experiencing through a variety of subject areas. Whilst educating children on the large scale problems, we also encourage children to feel empowered to do their own little bit to help.
These are some of the topics that we cover across the school:
- Reception- Using litter pickers to collect any rubbish in their playground
- Year 1- Sort materials and find out which ones are recyclable
- Year 2- Explore the problem of plastic waste in our oceans
- Year 3- The importance of bees and what we can do to help protect them
- Year 4- How our climate and the world’s habitats are changing and the effects of this